Political correctness and the status quo are getting in the way of sorting out the dire economics of Europe.
Ever the one for ranting, today it is time for fixes:
1. Ban all goods and services from China
2. Force all unemployed people > 1 year into National Service / Community Service
3. Reduce tier 1 capital for banks to 5% and force banks to recapitalise through rights issues
4. Banks must not have more than 10% of their market (however defined)
5. Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy to follow Iceland by abandoning Land Rovers
6. Discourage people from living beyond 55
Madoff advisers make most (bloomberg)
Iceland (Greece take note) (reuters)
Spain to give workers minority rights.